Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Difficulty of Simplicity

The Difficulty of Simplicity was the title of a homeschool article that came across my desk. I thought, "I guess direct sellers aren't the only ones with the problem of making things too difficult!"

I have developed and continue to maintain the belief that this business is a simple one to run...but consultants make it more difficult than what it needs to be.

What activities do you focus on?

When you boil it down, there are just 3 income producing activities that should consume your thoughts and time:
1. Continually developing a healthy lead list;
2. Consistently making phone calls to potential hostesses, potential customers, and potential recruits;
3. Working your weekly plan and not letting a blank calendar creep up on you.

It's difficult thinking there are only 3 things you need to focus on to be successful at this business....but it's true. This truth will help you to cast off the shackles of busyness that have been holding you down for a long time!

I go into depth about these on my CD series titled "Triple Business Basics." It's worth investing in this resource if you find yourself saying, "I'm going to lose my mind or business....and it may be both soon!"

Simply Yours!
Tonya

Please click here to check out the Triple Business Basics Resource and get ready to strip off those shackles! http://tonyagrimes.com/resources.html

5 comments:

Mary said...

I always put off making telephone calls to customers, I know when I do it makes a big difference. Why am so scared of the phone. Cheers Mary

Tonya said...

Do you know exactly what to say when you get on the phone?

Mary said...

I do write down what I want to say, and I am right once I make the call it's just picking up the phone. I would like to get better results from my phone calls. I worry I am ringing at a bad time and I am not sure what is the best time to ring customers. Not sure if anyone else has this problem? Cheers Mary

NicoleWalker_liasophia said...

I schedule two time slots for calls each day and stick to that daily schedule - I found I had to shift my focus when making calls. Like you I worried that I was calling at a bad time or bothering them. The truth is., I was making excuses not to make those calls and I was pretty good at talking myself out of making them! Seriously, I once convinced myself I had read somewhere that Tuesday were not a good night for calling customers!?

Once I shifted to the thought process of providing solid follow up and good customer care (instead of focusing on whether or am I going to bother them?) - this process got so much easier. I want my customers telling everyone that I provide excellent customer care and they aren't going to do that if I am not following up and staying in touch.

Pam said...

Mary, I'm in the same boat. I've never liked talking on the phone anyway, so calling them for my business is even more of a struggle. I feel like I'm doing telemarketing again. I'm not sure how to get past that feeling that I'm 'bugging' them.